Introducing the brand new VIS Scan Pad.
- Super large, crystal clear 15" monitor
- 80 channels for a high resolution image
- CE Certified
This scanner has been created with the professional mobile scanner in mind, and is packed full of useful features. For a start, all of the buttons are touchscreen (but don't worry - overall gain is controlled with a twistable knob, so it's still quick and easy to adjust), meaning that at the end of each scan, all you need to do is wipe over your monitor and you're ready to move onto the next client. There is no risk of dirt or hairs getting inbetween and under your buttons, ensuring maximum client safety.
If you're already performing scans, you'll know how frustrating it is when you get that perfect image and suddenly the animal moves. With the Scan Pad's 334 frame cine loop memory, however, you'll never miss a moment again. Simply freeze and scroll back to find that perfect image.
One probe is included in your price. Additional probes are priced at £900 + VAT (£1080) each and will be ordered in for you especially (please call us on 0208 432 9802 for delivery times). We make the following transducer recommendations:
- Microconvex. Perfect for small animal work. First choice of vet practices specialising in small animal work, and dog breeders scanning small to medium sized breeds.
- Convex. This probe has a larger footprint than the microconvex, and a lower frequency, giving it better penetration in larger animals. This probe is best suited as a first choice for breeders of giant breed dogs, and as a second probe for vet practices or mobile scanners who need to be able to cater for a broad range of clients.
- Linear. Linear probes are excellent for vascular work and very popular for use on very small animals (cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and so on), where great penetration is not required. This probe can also be used for tendon scanning on horses.
- Transrectal. Required for bovine and equine pregnancy scanning. Please note that equine scanning can only be performed by a qualified veterinarian in the UK. Bovine pregnancy scanning can be performed by a vet or a paraprofessional who has been awarded a legal exemption to be able to scan cattle. Please click here to learn more about these courses that we run for non-vets.
See the Scan Pad in action in cattle PD work in the video below. Please note that on most farms, cows are rotated through a crush, so you would be able to set your ultrasound scanner up on an adjacent table or trolley rather than needing it held.
Your VIS Scan Pad also comes with a 2-year warranty and:
- 2 USB ports
- 3 probe connectors - more than any other portable scanner on the market.
- Easy to use measurement and calculation packages
Here's the Scan Pad in use on goats, by one of our customers in the United States:
Some recent feedback on our Facebook Group here (feel free to join for help and advice!):
- Brilliant all round !!
Hi,(Posted on 15/01/2018) Review by Max
I have the VIS scanpad which I purchased last year through a financial plan arranged by Phillip, what I thought would be a lengthy stressful process was quite the opposite and it couldn’t have been a better experience had I wished, it was quick and easy and phillip was very helpful for me choosing my scanner and probe and I was kept fully informed and it was processed instantly almost and my scanner was delivered in rapid time so I could get started, since buying my scanner both phillip and the ladies on the telephone(sorry forgot her name!!) have been the most wonderful help, phillip even was extra helpful recommending where I could get a safe storage bag from for my scanner, the scanpad is utterly amazing the quality of the pictures and the detail you can pick up is amazing, ive even used it to scan my neighbours sister hahaha got fab pics of her baby and watched heartbeat!! Ive yet to do my training course but hoping to book this spring and then learn even more of the different functions of my scanpad as although I can do most simple things with it I know there is so much more to this fantastic machine and what it can do and looking forward to learning the full capabilities of my fab machine, I use my scanpad for scanning my own bitches and I also offer scanning to bitches that have used my boy to confirm pregnancy, I have used the scanner to watch pups grow and develop and watch skeletons forming and the detail for heartbeats is amazing, also I find it extremely useful being able to scan my girls after whelping to confirm no pups left inside which saves me cost of vet and actually ive found that my scanpad has a much better quality than my vets scanner. I could not recommend the scanpad and VIS both highly enough and I just love the product and service. i am in the group for VIS on facebook and its also a great learning tool with people posting and sharing and commenting to learn from each other and Catherine is always on hand usually if people have tricky problems which is great to know this resource is there too.
- Amazed with the quality picture that you get
I purchased my scan pad via telephone, Phillip was extremely helpful in advising me of what I needed given that I have no experience of scanning. Once my scan pad arrived I called Phillip again for help with setting up my scan pad which was incredibly simple and Phillip was very patient with me. Whilst waiting to attend the training course I have been playing with my scan pad using it on my own pregnant dog, since starting I am absolutely(Posted on 10/12/2017) Review by Victoria Davis
Amazed with the quality picture that you get I have been able to check my pups heart beats, see their spines and watch even the smallest movements.